Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:17:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2005 8:42:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I  recently had a problem with my power supply. I replaced the old 250 watt
power  supply with a new 450 watt. After replacing I tried to boot up my
computer and  received a message: Disk boot failure,insert system disk and press
enter. Also  there was something about ATAPI, I can't recall exactly what the
message  regarding that was. In any case I inserted the windows 98 start up disk
and  received a message stating there were no FAT or FAT32 partitions. One of
the  reccommendations was run fdisk. I tried to do just that and received the
message No fixed disks present. I ran the DIR C:\ at the DOS prompt and I do
have 15 files present. I am running windows ME. I would appreciate advice on
what to do.

Thank You,
Lisa

Hi,
  I'd double check the cables inside the computer. It is not at all  uncommon
to accidentally knock one and partially unplug it when moving the other
wires around to swap the power supplies.(Especially likely when the BIOS is
reporting no fixed disks present). Make sure the drive(s) have the 4 pin  power
connector plugged in, and the 40 (or 80) pin ribbon cable is fully seated  at all
plugs (including the ones on the motherboard).

Hope this  helps,
Peter  Hogan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml