From:
David A Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 00:09:43 EDT
At 07:46 PM 5/22/98 -0400, Adam Gonsman wrote:
>I'm a pretty serious gamer and have a fairly big sound system on my
computer
>( true 80 watts per channel and 50 watt sub). I'm wondering if I should
be
>concerned at all about hardware
---------------------------snippety snip-----------------------------

AudioQuest produces isolation feet for stereo equiptment, as do other hi
fi audio manufacturers. Basically these are like soft rubber or gel
filled.   I have two pair stacked under my cd transport and  a pair under
my turntable.  I believe they run around $25 per pair more or less.  One
other aid would be to use the old "cardboard" ??   egg cartons if you can
find them.  They are great in isolating sound so may help if you can tile
several on the sides of your case also.  And a last aid would be cones
under your case thereby minimizing the contact area and hopefully
reducing vibes.

hth
dave a. abbe

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]