From:
"Anderson, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:29:57 -0800
        I have customer that had me upgrade their computer (p233MHz MMX,
32MB, 3.2GB HDD) from WIN95 to WIN98. I reformatted the hard drive,
installed WIN98 and everything came up and worked just fine. The modem,
sound card, printer, etc. The HP5 scanner came up and worked fine. I
scanned 2 pictures to show them it worked ok.
        They have since told me that days after I left, they were on the
Internet and the PC locked up. So they booted the PC. Since that time
the Device Manager shows no entry for the scanner, only the SCSI card
(SYMBIOSxxxx). I have removed the SCSI card, brought the PC up and then
down, reinstalled the SCSI card and it plug-n-plays beautifully. But, it
never detects the scanner. Can anyone provide me any thoughts on how to
get the scanner connected? Is there a problem running the HP5 scanner to
run consistently under WIN98? Am I hopefully just missing some steps to
get the scanner recognized? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greg Anderson
GALA Enterprise

                                  -----