From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 22:35:07 -0700

> By the way, did you recently run an attachment of some sort that you
> received in your email? This is the primary way that people get viruses
> these days.

Just an added note!  I just spent the last 2 hours helping someone remove an
Email Virus, that is NOT delivered as an attachment. I also had it, and was
quite surprised. It is Called KAK/Worm and what it does is attach Active X
code as a signature to your Email. It goes un-noticed, except for a
momentary Drive Memory error button in the task bar, at Windows start-up.
Unfortunately my Virus Software missed it, and I am now using Norton 2000
which does find it, and innoculate it.

There also is a patch at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms99-032.asp

I highly recommend this download to prevent this Worm Virus!!!

Steve Wolfe

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org