From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:50:15 -0700
  Your Zyxel modem is to connect the computer to a DSL line, a special
variety of telephone company line.
  Your D-Link adapter is to connect the computer to a "WiFi" radio network
using the 802.11b standard.  (It appears to offer at least two non-standard
features which are unlikely to work with any radio networks you
encounter...)  It effectively *IS* the "card" to which Philip was referring.

  Either sort of connection can, potentially, be a gatewya to the Internet.
802.11b wifi will work with most hotel/motel/cafe wireless Internet systems.
 If you want access while actually moving down the highway, you more likely
need a connector to the cell phone (radio) network instead.  (Philip tried
to address this possiblity as well, which may have confused you.)

David Gillett