From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:47:55 -0500
Usually, a cable select cable will be marked primary or master,
secondary or slave, and maybe motherboard, at each of the 3 plugs.
  In addition, they usually have a small hole somewhere in the
cable  .
If it is marked this way, you must use the CS jumper settings on
both hard drives.  Otherwise, the jumpers designate whether the
drive is a master or slave.
.
Usually, the hard drive will have a small picture or markings
showing the pins needed to make each setting.  Sometimses you will
see cs (cable select) sl (slave) and ma (master) printed above or
below the pins, sometimes on the circuit board.

Jim Cooley wrote:

> Subject: Slave HD Not found
> From: Jim Cooley  [log in to unmask]
> Thank you for all of the responses.  I am sorry I did not state that I set the jumpers on both drives and I placed them with the master at the end of the cable and the slave in the middle.  I will try setting both drives to "cable select".  I did everything according to Seagate's instructions.  I cannot think of anything else.  Help would be appreciated.
> Jim Cooley

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml