From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:18:33 -0400
Hi,

Try running "search for new hardware", and see if it finds anything.
I've done that several times and sometimes "APCI" is found or removed
and the system will act normal when shutting down when it wan't prior
to.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

======================

Hello, sorry for the confusion. The computer has an "AT" power supply so
I was expecting to see the "IT is now safe..." message and manually turn
the computer off. However, what I get is "Windows is shuting down", a
click from the hard drive, video goes off but hard drive and power LEDs
are on. It is almost as if Windows thinks it has an ATX power supply.
Everything seems to be fine when I reboot. I would not worry about it
except that the hard drive makes a dsturbing sound and the hard drive
LED remains on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Chuck.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml