From:
Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:50:50 +0930
Hello,

My father has an odd problem.

He uses tray assemblies for 3 hard drives.

One hard drive running Win98SE shows the computer's internal modem on Com 3. He is able to connect to the internet and surf and send emails etc.

He has bought another hard drive, had it installed in a tray and has formatted it and installed Win98SE. Everything seems to be working well except there is NO Com 3. The OS on this hard drive cannot detect the modem. It cannot have been unseated because when you replace the old hard drive in the tray, Com 3 and the modem has returned.

I don't have the complete specs for this computer (Sorry). It does has a 56 K internal conextant modem, 256mb RAM. The Hard drive that "works" is a 10 Gig, and the one that "doesn't work" is a 40 Gig.

Any suggestions will be most welcome!

Thank you

Anne Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: