From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:25:44 -0800
Guys,

I did some digging in our win2k RRAS server re: abrupt disconnection of
internet access, and some found some info.  the event viewer states that
another device has a conflict of ip address with our server and might cause
network operation problems .  FYI, our server has 2 ip address, 10.x.x.x
provided by the university web admin, and 192.x.x.x for our local LAN
connection.  The event viewer has pointed out that the conflict came from
192.x.x.x series, which if I am correct a connection within our department
using this segment.

The event viewer also pointed out the MAC address of the device which caused
the conflict, and using a freeware ip address and MAC address scanner, this
made me nuts because the said MAC address is not listed for the entire
192.x.x.x segment.  So my next possible suspect is...... could a VIRUS do
this? wherein it could get a MAC address?  Thanks guys....

Frederick