From:
Art Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 21:53:25 -0700
In a previous post, I discussed the fact that Pacific Digital was
refusing to disburse rebates to Best Buy customers due to a financial
dispute.  Best Buy has sent its customers the rebates along with the
following message;

"This check constitutes payment in full of the rebate due you from
Pacific Digital under their peripheral rebate promotions.  As a result
of Pacific Digitals decision to suspend fulfillment of rebates to Best
Buy customers due to a general financial dispute, and not a dispute
specific to rebates, Best Buy has chosen to assume Pacific Digitals
obligation to our customers and is directly fulfilling your tendered
rebate.  Best Buy takes this action because it values its customer and
is sorry for any inconvenience caused by the dispute."

Kudos to Best Buy for taking this action, and raspberries to Pacific
Digital.  Once again, if you are considering purchase of any Pacific
Digital products, give some serious thought to their ability and
willingness to live up to their obligations and warrantees.  Caveat
emptor!

Art Cassel

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org