From:
David Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:57:41 -0500
>We use laplink to transfer data from old machines to the new ones here at
our college.
The win31 or dos version had an llpro.exe executable that could be copied
from disk to each hard drive. Then the cable that came with it (null modem
cable) was attached to each machines lpt port, the exe. was run from each
machine and they connect. This version truncates long file names in win95
and there is a new version for win95 available from  Traveling Software
Inc. They have a web page but I've lost the url. This is a pretty decent
program for data transfer from  one pc to the other. We find that most
programs need the install run again once transfered.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html