From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:56:22 +1100
Thanks for all your reply, you guys well explained my NT questions. Thankyou
again!

There are two more questions, hope you have time to look at 'em.

1) A customer asked a "cheap" NT machine, he prefer to fit his budget is to use
onboard video and sound (he asked the machine "must" have sound card). to
ensure the mobo can handle NT, i tried to install NT on a similar configured
machine. The onboard 8Mb AGP video is fine, but NT doesn't see the onboard
sound (It says the PC doesn't have a sound card). in this case, does that mean
I have to disable onboard sound and use another sound card?

2) a new built PC with same mobo as above (onboard video and sound) has a
strange problem. when it boots, the first screen about video info, RAM check is
ok, then it start to display rubbish (which suppose to be bios and hardware
info), then it back to normal to display "boot from ..." and the rest are fine.
any clue what the problem is?
config: PII-350, 64Mb PC100 RAM, 4.3G HDD, 36x Aopen cdrom, BX mobo with
onboard 8Mb AGP, onboard sound.

TIA

J Qian

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html