From:
"Carter N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:34:38 +0100
Hello Paul,

Plaudits to you for being so caring!

> will record 3+ hours, but what about tape?  Can a tape player be plugged
> into a sound card, then run voice recognition software with the tape
running?

I'm pretty certain (never tried it) that you can use a conventional recorder
which can then be plugged into the sound card. If you have Line-Out and
Line-In connectors on each deive then so much the better, as these
connectors will be electrically compatible. You could, if all else fails,
connect the headphone socket of the recorder to the microphone socket of the
sound card. These will not be very compatible (don't worry, they won't blow
up!), in that you might not get the highest signal quality and strength, but
it should be a workable solution.

Once the sound is coming into the sound card, the Voice Recognition software
probably doesn't care through which input it's entering, it would be a
rather limited program if it demanded a specific input.

HTH

Neil
Neil Carter              Psychology Department
IT Technician      University of Wales Swansea
                         Wales, United Kingdom

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/Staff/NeilCarter/

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html