From:
Art Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:52:32 -0700
Hi all,

This was to be a long plea for help, but thanks to the education I've
received from this group, I'd just post this for the newbies.

I installed a new 20.5 Gig hard drive to add to my existing 13.6 Gig.
Wanting to save my very stable system, I decided to keep the same number
of partitions.  I used DriveCopy and Partition Magic, both from Power
Quest to do the shifting.  As the new drive is a 7200 rpm, I made it
Master.  Instead of letting these two fantastic programs do their thing,
I got my own slimy little fingers into the pie.  My bright idea (Ha)
didn't work and I went back to the two programs.  That's when I noticed
disaster had struck.  My CD Rom and CD-R/RW had disappeared.

Oh no!  I reinstalled drivers, ran detect new devices, nothing worked.
As I sat here composing my PC Build post, it dawned on me.  Dummy,
you've been pulling out drives and plugging things in.  Check the
cables.  Guess what?  IDE 2 cable was no longer connected to MB.
Eureka!  CD's are back home.  Lesson 1:  Check the cables.  Thanks to
all of you who have taught me enough to solve this problem myself.

Art Cassel

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions