From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 23:49:24 -0500
That's a Via KT-133 chipset board right?  Have you installed the new VIA 4
in 1 drivers.  It seems they are up to version 4.26.

I only have Intel machines, but from what I understand, the 4 in 1 drivers
are essential for proper functioning of Geforce2 cards with that chipset.

Stroll on over to http://www.viahardware.com/ and have a look.

BTW, I don't know what a pirq is.  You don't really mention what kind of
problems you're having ... maybe they are not related to IRQ conflicts ...
I haven't had any conflicts with my NVIDIA AGP boards before. (Including my
Creative Annihilator 2) ... but then again .... I'm running a different
motherboard, chipset and probably other cards as well.

Good Luck,

Bill Nussbaumer

At 06:12 PM 12/13/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm putting together a new system and I'm having trouble getting the video
>card to function properly. The system is an Asus A7V with an AMD Duron 800
>and 3D blaster Annihilator 2 video card. I have done a lot of experimenting
>with assigning irq's in the bios with some success. (there is a lot of
>different combinations) In my research I ran across the term pirq that has
>something do with the irq's but I can't seem to find out what. Can someone
>explain what a pirq is or direct me to a site somewhere that would help
>explain what they are.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com