From:
bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 14:40:21 -0400

> 6) I used to swear by ASUS, but my last three motherboards from them have
> been problem-laden.  I tossed one and replaced it with an
> EVGA which was not much better.  The trouble is, I can't make a
> recommendation.  My last MSI motherboard had some problems, too.
> Check Tom's HWG before making a decision.
>
> I suggest that you take your time and do your research by poring over the
> reviews.  You may decide that you want to wait for Windows
> 7 or you may decide that what you want is available now.  You've had your
> old computer for four years, so there is no reason to
> rush.  A 2.8GHz processor is no slouch.

I will wait it out as you suggest.  What is motivating me at this time is
two things: First I tried IE 8 and found it noticeably slower than 7 on this
machine.  Next I'm running an EXCEL financial package that takes 4 minutes
per run vs. a friend running a dual core who runs the analysis in 1.5
minutes.  Disappointed to hear that ASUS is not what it used to be.  I've
built an AMD  ASUS mb and this P4P800  Deluxe.  Both of these have held up
well.

Thanks for your input,

Bob

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: