From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 13:08:13 -0400
I think there is more involved here than simply AST saving a few
cents by not including the connector.  All the I/O circuits and
logic for the second port are probably missing also.

If you look closely at the board, you will also see double rows
of silver dots and a few square outlines where there are missing
chips and other components.