From:
Dave Puskar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:57:34 -0500
my friend wants to save his song collection and add another hdd. he has an 8 gig
maxtor and i just installed  40 GIG WD. i transfered his songs on to the 2nd partition
on the 40gig which i split into 2. i then formatted his c: drive and reinstalled
win98. the 40 gig is now not recognized in "my computer" but it is recognized in
device manager. is there a way for the computer to recognize it without losing his
songs? i erased all info on the 1st partition and left the songs on the second.
 i want to install everything onto the new drive except what has to load in
c drive. he has an amd 400 chip, 64 megs of ram, 56k modem,44x cdrom, 250 p/s. i'm
not sure if anything needs updated. the system was bought in '98. thanks, dave

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com