From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:47:58 -0400
At 18:58 10/15/99 , Dave Anselmi wrote:
 >I just purchased a Senstron 400watt AP2 ATX power supply.
 >It has...the big ATX connector for the main board.
 >
 >There are 3 additional connectors which I've never seen
 >before:
 >
 >1. 3" long green wire & black wire terminating in a 2prong
 >male connector, which then has a short black-wire extension,
 >terminating in another connector, a 2pin female. What is this?
 >They almost look like they're supposed to connect together...
 >
 >2. A connector which looks identical to an AT connector; but
 >usually there are 2 of them. Here there's only 1. It is marked
 >"P14" in blue ink. wires: black, black, black, orange, orange,
 >red.

Hi Dave

Since I haven't seen an answer to your message, I'll give the
first part a try.

I have a "California PC Products" 400 Watt ATX power supply
with identical connectors to yours. <http://www.calpc.com/>

I believe the connector described in your paragraph 1.
is for connecting two such power supplies together to
form a "redundant hot swappable" power supply.

The other connector puzzles me as well, unless it is also
used when combining two such power supplies. See the picture at
<http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/redundant/twin_dual_pwr/dualtwin
_index.htm>
(This is one long link and there should be no spaces or line
breaks between the brackets.)

Regards,
Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,