From:
Barbara shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:54:30 -0700
A friend just wrote with this problem:

I have a compaq computer with Windows 2000 and the HP laserjet
1200 series.  The printer works as long as I boot up
the computer beforehand.  If I let the computer
hibernate or don't use for a while it gives me an
error message that says "There was an error found when
printing the document "print window" to DOT 4-001.
Retry or cancel"  Retry doesn't work.
I went into diagnostic in control panel, did a test
and this is what it found about the parallel port 1:

Control registration test - strobe line error; 2
errors found;  code 4001016

Parallel port 1: Data restistration test; data line 0
data invalid - 2 errors  error code 4002008

Please help! I'm at my wits end even though I can get
t to print, restarting everytime is getting annoying.

Can someone help?

Barbara Shaw