From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 16:05:35 -0400
HP Had a problem with the HP 500 and sent out a free cleaning kit to use on
the pickup roller when problems like you have described start.  My
instructions were to not use the kit until problems started occurring and I
have used it only once on my HP 500.  It appears to be only alcohol and
swabs, so Mark's advice would appear to be right on.

Doug

At 5/16/00 01:44 AM +1000, Ultra wrote:
  I have a 7 years old HP deskjet 500 printer. It still works alright
>untill past day. The paper feeder has lost its strength, so paper in
>tray cannot reach the paper feed wheel, as a result, I have to push each
>paper to the wheel if I want to print something, otherwise the printer
>will say "out of paper".
>
>Because the printer is not worth to call up HP or other printer service
>to fix up, so I ask here if anyone has an idea on how to fix the problem
>all by myself without expensive parts (the printer doesn't worth too
>much, so I perfer cheap solution on fix).

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html