From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:55:11 -0300
At this point, if it is convenient, I would return the board, but if
everything is running fine with no other anamolys, you can just turn off the
SMART monitoring altogether in the BIOS  setup.  Another option, there  is
Windows software that can check the SMART circuitry or you could look for a
newer flash, but if Maxtor MaxBlast says it is ok, then I wouldn´t worry
about it.  It has to be an odity (read:personality) with the motherboard.
Howard Rubin
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:04:12 -0800
From:    Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: S.M.A.R.T. hard drive message

As best I can tell, the SMART is enabled on both computers. I ran the
MaxBlaster diagnostic software and even in the full test mode it reports
that the drive is fine. The Intel motherboard, however, insists that the
drive is about to fail. Does Intel have something against Maxtor?

Peter