From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:28:30 -0600
The only way that I can think of to have two printers with out physically
changing them is to add an additional parallel port or a switch. I would opt
for the additional Parallel Port becauce you can buy an ISA P/P for under
$15. A switch, while easier to install, will run over $15 and could cause
damage to your system and or printer if it is used while the system is on.

The hardest thing to installing a parallel port is finding open resources.
The easiest way to do this is to run a program that will force and report
your IRQs. You should be able to find this at the www.nospin.com web site.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com

>I have recently bought an Epson Stylus 640 and already have a Panasonic
DMP.
>I would like to use both printers. How do I connect them so that I don't
>have to physically change the connections whenever I want to use one or the
>other?

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com