Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 00:51:56 -0700
Upgraded my friends computer to a 56K modem.  The ISP is AT&T Worldnet.
Added the new modem and then deleted the old (generic) modem (earlier
the HD failed and everything had to be reloaded, but the driver for the
modem could not be found, so selected generic until the 56K arrived.).

Changed the settings in the AT&T connection for it to recognize the new
modem and speed.  Am even dialing into the correct telephone number for
a 56Kflex.

What is happening - the system will sometimes give a "blue screen of
death" (windows exception in some type of VxD device) OR cause the
system to reset back to an initial turn-on condition without any
warning.

Never did that with the old modem, even though it wasn't the correct
driver.  Everything was fine before.  Now there are problems.  Control
Panel/System shows no conflicts and that everything is fine for the
modem.  Latest drivers are loaded (as far as I can tell).

Win 98 OS; Modem Master 8000 series 56KFlex modem.  (Its an older
computer that has Win 98 loaded on it.)

Would be interested in any ideas.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))
It is always easier to critique than it is to learn!

                                  -----