From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:37:10 -0800
> I also went to Fujitsu for info on the harddrive and found out that  > my
Hdd is listed as having 3.24Gb of storage and it only says in my >> computer
that it is 2.1Gb. Where did the other 1.1Gb go? The boot >

Your BIOS 'ate' it.  Just kidding; however, it IS your BIOS that doesn't see
the rest of your hard drive.  I just had an experience with an older board
that had NO name or documentation whatsoever and it saw an 8.5gb as 2.1gb.

www.windrivers.com provided links to where I was able to identify the
motherboard based upon the BIOS information that POSTs when the computer
boots.

I followed links to the BIOS update from that particular company, flashed
the BIOS and now the board can see up to 8gb.  Unfortunately for us, we
needed it to see 8.5gb.  So, we resorted to simply using only 8gb rather
than running a Disk Manager overlay.

Remember: when updating BIOS... follow directions carefully and you won't
screw up... I flashed a BIOS once years ago that taught me this lesson.

What happens when you don't follow directions on a BIOS update? Black
screen, no POST, no beeps, nothing.

hope this helps,
gary r. tennesen