From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:11:46 -0700
Many vendors advertise super cheap prices on Pricewatch, but you do have to
watch out for those s & h charges. They make up for the low price by ripping
you off on s & h.  That tactic is not limited to sellers listed on
Pricewatch.  Another place to check on buyer comments is www.bizrate.com.
Sometimes I have checked for prices and ratings at www.20-20consumer.com.
It is really "caveat emptor" on the Internet unless you buy from one of the
bigger, more well-known sellers.  Make sure you read the return policies
before you buy.  Some make it so difficult and expensive to return parts
that those policies should be called "we want to make sure you won't return
anything".  Be careful.

While looking at Pricewatch, open another browser window and point it to
WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM.  There can always be exceptions, but if you're not
familiar with a vendor then comments from their customers are the best place
to start.  Also, many vendors on Pricewatch have VERY HIGH shipping charges.
I once saw a vendor that was charging $12.00 to ship each piece of DIMM
memory!
Ron Jobe

> Go to www.pricewatch.com to find parts.  There are lists by type and by
> manufacturer.  It lists the lowest to the highest prices, shipping &
> handling, and you can clickthrough to the seller's web site.  Keep in mind
---snip---
> I have been looking at  the documentation on the "Free PC Tech" about
> building a basic PC.  I'm ready to begin my own.
---snip---

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com