Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:44:47 -0800
While it is true that the LCD monitor CAN be set to various resolutions, it
is the native resolution that produces the BEST quality image. The native
resolution is determined by the actual number of pixels that the LCD panel
is made with. From my experience, I strongly recommend using the native
resolution setting and using the digital interface if that is available.
That way the text and images look very crisp.

There are two good ways to increase font size without changing the
resolution. One is to set the "Font size" under the "Appearance" tab of
display properties (right click the background and select properties). The
second way is in the "Advanced" button on the "Settings" tab of display
properties. In the advanced option window you will usually find a "DPI
setting" for controlling the font size. By trying a combination of the
Appearance and DPI settings, you can eventually set everything to your
liking. It may take a while to achieve this, however. My wife was rather
fussy with her font size preference, and it took me quite a while of
tweaking till all came out to her liking!

Peter