From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 13:46:31 -0500
> I am working on a Canon BJC-4100 printer.  It will not print.
> The computer
> seems to think that a print job is being completed, the printer
> acts like it
> is printing, but nothing comes out on the page.
>
> I have done the following:
>
> changed ink cartridges
> checked that the new ink cartridge has a good ink supply
> changed print carriages [containing the nozzles]
> cleaned print cartridge
> cleaned ink cartridge
> reinstalled the drivers
> changed printer cables
> tried a different computer
>
> The printer still does not lay any ink onto a page.
>
> Does anyone have another suggestion as to what to try next??

        Well it sounds like this is a physical problem rather than a software
problem. Is this the kind of printer that detects how much ink is left? I
hope not because it could then mean a much more serious problem. The first
thing that comes to mind is perhaps the ribbon cable between the printer and
the head has fallen off or is loose. Try gently tugging at it on both ends,
if it seems loose try to find a way of tightening it. It is possible as well
that the driver board for the nozzle is malfunctioning, this is much less
likely than the ribbon cable but it would be the next thing to guess. I
assume it is out of warranty or you would have already brought it in. Hope
this helped, good luck. TTYL

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com