From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 21:23:28 -0400
Monica,

Adding more RAM above 32Meg will not help you.  Yes, you will
be able to do more things at the same time, but you won't gain
speed.

Adding a hard drive will give you more storage capacity and *might*
give you a *small* increase in how fast a program loads, but not in how
fast the programs operate.

If you want your PC to go faster, then you need a bigger motor.
I would move up to the fastest CPU that your MoBo can handle,
and hope that someone gives you a new hard drive for Christmas. <g>

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association