From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:02:00 -0400
Greetings Marshall, et. al.--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marshall Fortescue" <[log in to unmask]>

> I was able to get my disk formated using the delpart utility and the
maxtor
> utilities.
>
> However, in doing this, I partitioned my C drive into 2 20G partitions
> (Computer called them C and E, with D drive being my 2nd HD).  Now, I only
> see the C (20G) and D(20G), but I don't see the E (2nd partition of the
40G
> HD).

I hope I'm not stating the obvious here, but clearly you must have formatted
the partition now known as C:.  Did you also format the second partition?

> In fdisk, I see it and it looks healthy and as if it will show up in

Fdisk will recognize the partition and assign it a drive letter, but in
order to
use it within the OS, you still need to partition it.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert

---