From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:38:10 -0600
Hugh,
I've had an unresolvable problem with a Tyan M/B, AMD processor,  and a VIA
chipset that resembles yours. I didn't have the scsiport.sys error as you
did, but the BSOD and the burner were constant companions. It didn't seem
to matter what software I was using, what type of burner I installed, or in
what combination I installed the software. I even changed O/S's (originally
W2K) to see if that made any difference....no joy. The ONLY constant was
the Tyan M/B. I built a computer for my daughter and used  the same
hardware components (except the M/B), O/S and software and it works like a
champ. SOMETHING is not quite right in the Tyan  implementation of the BIOS
concerning the IDE interface. (And yes, I had the latest as well as several
versions old BIOS to flash with and it made no difference.) I finally gave
up and cobbled together a system from used parts to burn CDs. I realize I'm
not helping you, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Maybe
someone can give us the answer to resolve the problem and we can both be happy.
Michael