Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:17:26 -0400
I found Russ' post very interesting, it also makes sense seeing as how electronics are finicky and don't always do what they should, or how they should.

I also agree that the possibility of a RAM mismatched should be thoroughly pursued. I'm not suggesting that you haven't checked or haven't known, but RAM is probably the most finicky component of the system. CAS latency and Access times should match as well as all aspects of the RAM (ie not just being PC 3200 etc...). Matched pairs of the same type from the same manufacturer work the best, and the System Board manufacturer recommendations should be considered.

I'm not sure because you said you did try 4 KVR's. If all the sticks are exactly the same (ie all sticks KVR X64 1GB), then I would check the BIOS settings first and make sure you system is configuring them properly. If they are not all the same the order of the slots they are in could be the problem.

It could be one faulty module, you could check each individually to verify the BIOS configuration for each stick. You could also install one stick at a time and do a Memtest86 on each module.

It could also be that you have a faulty socket.

As well, it could be that Russ is also right, but you will have to verify everything to make sure of what the problem is.

Sorry there is no exact clear answer to this one, Good Luck!!