Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:48:59 -0500
When I had Win 98 SE I found that each maker of those thumb/flash drives had their own drivers.  I never heard of a generic driver for them. Unless someone else has, the only way is to download drivers from all the makers you can find to see if one will work.  Does the driver you have work for any of the other two?  If not, that may mean you are not going to have much luck finding a generic driver.  These companies like to keep things proprietary, much more profitable.

Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>First, what is the correct name for these storage devices?
>The 128, 256 and 512 Mbyte sizes are now a reasonable price
>and very convenient to use
>
>I am using 3 different USB Flash Drives (Kingston call them
>that), on my XP desktop. Which all work without drivers
>added by myself.
>
>Just acquired a second hand portable running Win98se. For a
>USB Flash Drive to work I have to install a driver specific
>to that particular make.
>
>Only one of my USB  drives has its manufacturer on it and
>that one is now working with the driver I downloaded.
>
>Is there a generic driver I can install which will make all
>of my USB Flash Drives usable on the Win98se machine?
>
>Regards

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: