From:
Jenny Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:44:10 -0500
We installed new modem about a month ago.  It is a Hi-Val Internal PCI Data/Fax Modem 56 k with v.92 standard.  We run Windows 98.

Ever since we installed the modem we have been getting a message that "ISP does not support modem on hold" which then gives us the option to accept or reject the call.  The problem is that whenever we are on the Internet we forward our phone to another number so there is no way that we are receiving another call when this message pops up.  This will pop up periodically and we have not seen a particular pattern to its coming up.  It is very annoying because sometimes it will pop up multiple times with a few minute period.  This also occurs when we check our offline e-mail with our Juno address.  We will sometimes get this message 3-5 times during the 1-2 minutes it takes to check mail.

We contacted the customer service department of the manufacturer.  Basically, they told me to just search on the Internet and find some modem commands to get it to do what I want it to.  I tried a few things but nothing has been successful.  I am not a computer expert by any means.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jenny

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com