From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 12:16:38 -0700
You did not give much information. If you need more help, you should give
information on least which OS you have, the game, and some hardware
information.

 As a beginning, some newer games require a newer version of Direct X which
can be obtained free from WWW.Microsoft.com . If you have an older video
card or on-board video, it may not be able to use the newer Direct X.

The game could require a different display setting than you normally use.
Some games automatically reset the display and some require it to be
manually set.

If you are using Windows XP and the game is an older game, setting the
compatibility to the preferred OS might help. I create a desktop icon for
the program, if the game does not create one itself during installation, and
than by right clicking on the icon and going to properties I set the display
properties, if needed, and the compatibility, if needed.

Check the required system specifications for the game and assure that your
system at least meets the minimums. I don't think you have a monitor problem
because, other than this game, you indicate that it functions. You might
make sure you have the latest video driver installed for your video card or
on-board video.

I hope this helps. If not, post a follow up for more help.

Tom Mayer