From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:38:23 -0400
At 09:02 PM 8/2/2000 -0400, someone wrote:
>I got a Creative cd burner a couple of months ago and experienced similar
>problems.. I also had the burner set up as Secondary Slave to another CD Rom
>drive.. After much frustration with the NERO BURNING software I replaced it
>with Adaptec Burning software...
>All problems have disappeared..  It sometimes helps also to cut your burning
>speed in half..
>Good Luck..

This hasn't been mentioned yet, but it was what made the difference for me:
turn off "autoinsert notification" in the properties for all of the CDROM
drives in your machine including the burner. With autoinsert notification
turned on, Windows checks every so often to see if a cd has been place in
the drive. This interruption can be enough to slag a cd that is in the
process of being burned.

Autoinsert notification is found under properties for the drive in device
manager. Turning it off means that cds will no longer run automatically
when you put them in the drive.

BTW, I've had great success with Nero and have heard much bad about
Adaptec. Go figure.

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,