From:
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:08:20 -0400
Andre said...

>About a week ago I started getting the subject BBSOD on startup.  It
>says "fatal exception OE has occurred at 015F:BFF72830".  After I hit
>the enter key sometimes it continues to bootup and sometimes it just
>hangs at the startup screen.

Hi,

  I won't profess to know much here, but I'm told that Fatal Exceptions are not the result of the Operating System crashing, but a conflict with your hardware. I have had a lot of trouble with BSOD's in past year, in the end I resolved the problem by being very selective with my drivers, as the problem seems to emanate from these - my assumption only. My PC shop found I had a fault problem with the motherboard and they replaced it. This alleviated the number of incidents, but they still occurred. So I tried everything. I found that an upgrade driver for the Bus was the source, when I did the last install I omitted the upgrade and stayed with the factory-packaged stuff. I have never seen another BSOD on this system since.

So I suspect that you either have a hardware fault or a corrupt driver. As I said, I'm no expert.

Regards Roger.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html