From:
Mark Zec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:47:41 -0600
-> I am having a problem with a computer that isn't
-> recognizing the mouse. I keep getting the following
-> message: Mouse driver not installed, Run-time error
-> R6001-null pointer assignment.

-> The computer is running a Pent-S 100mhz chip and it has
-> 16mgs of ram. I have looked in the cmos and didn't see
-> anything out of the ordinary. I have switched mice,
-> connections and adapters with no positive results.

Does "adapter" refer to the serial card?  Or does it refer to one of
the adapters that lets you use one mouse with different pin
configurations?

My guess would be that it's a problem with the serial card, or could be
something as simple as the mouse is plugged into a COM2 port and the
driver is looking for COM1.

Mark

* GST * Two silkworms were having a race, but it ended in a tie.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html