From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:54:31 -0500
>Did you disable com 2 in cmos? Normally the mouse takes com 1. If this is
>an internl modem it carries its own com port, so if you want it on com 2
>you need to disable com 2 in cmos.
>HTH, Dean
>>
>>This modem does not have any jumpers.  PnP installs the modem on
>>COM3
>>irq 10.  I want to install it on COM1 or COM 2 so ...
>  How can I make the switch without the use of jumpers?
>>Would
>>turning off PnP in the CMOS help?  Thanks.
>>
>>Ryo Imamura

I also have a jumperless modem (Davidcon 33.6) and it came with a DOS setup
program
to software select the COM and IRQ. I had to do this in straight DOS, no window.
I then rebooted to Windows and add new hardware. Windows had no problem
detecting
where the modem was set to be.

By the way: I have COM1 open for connecting to another computer on an
irregular basis,
COM2 is my mouse and COM3 is my modem. This works since I don't have to use the
modem and connect to the other computer at the same time.
PS: This Davidcom modem also has the option of using IRQ 5 but the sound
card wanted
that one.

Winston

                            The NOSPIN Group