From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 16:00:33 -0400
I say again. Some boards will mix SIMMs and DIMMs (the Soyo boards I
use do) but that is only for same voltage, i.e. the DIMMs must be of
the EDO variety which then use the same 5v as the EDO SIMMs. If you
want to use SDRAM DIMMs, then you must set you mobo to 3.3 v or you run
the possibility (probability) of damage and/or lockups.

Again, DIMMs come it two varieties, EDO which is set for 5 v and SDRAM
which is set for 3.3 v. So if your mobo can use a mix of DIMMs and
SIMMs, it does so if BOTH are EDO, not a mixture of EDO and SDRAM.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly