From:
David Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:41:50 -0700
Hello everyone.Is there someone who can help me ? I have recently started to make audio recordings using the PC( I need to make good quality voice recordings to send  as wav or mp3 files) . I am very disappointed in the results and in alarming addition, it seems every time i move the machine at all ot touch it near the expansion slots( as in plugging a mike in and out),I get a "feedback- 60 cycle hum" which I know cannot be normal. Also not every mic I try( in a search for a better quality sound) will work. I built the machine (which may be the problem-though I have built many which have worked fine). The board is an MSI K7T Turbo ver.3. I have checked the construction and everything looks  OK but perhaps I am missing  something.
Can anyone tell me anything to help like what voltage readings should  be at what points or how likely are the sound circuits to be bad or  how can I check these.
 Also does anyone know  good software to produce  excellent quality voice recordings and perhaps even enhance them? The  media  recorder  on Windows  just sounds  so inadequate.
Thank you all...and  Oh P.S. I have asked "professionals" at Radio Shack  and  Intrex  Computers(local techies  in NC where I am) and no one  can tell me what impedance a mic  should be  to work on a PC. Does it make a difference. I have a good mic I used years ago that i remember had a dual impedance (but you had to make soldering changes);it worked well then  with analog amps and decks but will not work on the PC. Could this be an impedance issue?

Sincerely and gratefully
David Lang
wanderingalien @ Yahoo.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: