From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 05:39:12 -0400
I recently installed a Linksys Access point. I have a hardwired phone and
two portable phones (One is 900 MHz, not sure about the other) and about the
same time I began having trouble receiving calls. Often, the phone will ring
once, and the caller reports odd noises, but no answering machine. Other
callers get through when they try again. All seems to be well when I unplug
the two portables and use the hardwired phone by itself.
I have tried disconnecting the mobile phones and disconnecting the access
point, but the results are not consistent-sometimes I can get more than one
ring, sometimes not.
Can a wireless Access point cause this?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com