From:
Thomas Bubacz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 14:10:58 EST
If it is better to go "off" list with this, I have included two e-mail
addresses at the bottom of this message.

I have an unidentified maker(whitebox) pentium 60/66mhz motherboard which has
no IDE or I/O built in.  It is currently using a generic controller(HD,
floppy, I/O, P and game), Intel overdrive CPU (132mhz), 16 meg memory, a
630meg master, 130meg slave and a PCI video card without problems.  The board
(at bios boot up & per manual) is a PT-2067(an FIC # ??) and has award
biosv4.50G but the board maker is not identifiable because of zero's in the
string where the maker should be.(I haven't gone the FCC route yet.

I want to hit the lottery, but in the mean time,  I want support for 4 HDs.

I have purchased a PCI ide controller card which has two IDE connectors(4HDs).
 I know there are changes needed in the "PCI bios" setup for this.  The MB
manual skips this part of the setup, leaving it to the reseller.  I will set
it to what I think is right, according to what I understand from the PCI
information at Award's site (http://www.award.com/docs/ali.htm#PCI).
Basically "PCI IRQ Activated by" EDGE and "PCI IDE IRQ Map to" set at PCI AUTO
which (again as I read it) enables both IDE connectors on the card.

I do not understand what "1st-6th Available IRQ"s should be set at and "AUTO"
is not an option here.  When an interupt is entered here, does it make it
<available> or does it make it <unavailable> to the PCI bus ?  If <available>,
should #1 be set to int 14 and #2 set to int 15 for the HD's, or will the PCI
video card want the "1st" one ?  Win 95 device mgr says that the PCI video
card is currently interupt 11.

Could there be any another "standard" settings in some other menu of the Bios
set-up that I should look for ?

Tom Bubacz