From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 23:17:18 +0200
Hello Ben,

BM> I think this is one of those situations where you should put the new CD
BM> player in and boot up and see what happens.  If you are lucky, it will work
BM> fine without you doing anything.  Since you don't have a CD, if your
BM> installation cab files aren't on the hard drive, Windows may prompt you for
BM> a driver.  Go to the PCBuild site and download the universal CD driver and
BM> have it on a floppy just in case you need it.  It's at
BM> http://nospin.com/pc/files001.html .  If that doesn't work, you could also
BM> go to the manufacturer's web site and try to find a driver.

The best try is exactly what was suggested : delete the cd-rom from
System tab in control panel, shut down, replace the CD and press the
Power button. Shouldn't be too complicated -- but if your friend has
drivers (Win9x) for his CD-ROM, use them.

When I replaced my CD-ROM, the sound card (Creative SB64PCI) went
dead. After removing drivers and reinstalling it resumed working as
usual.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]