From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:04:46 -0400
Sounds like one of two things to me...
The phone cord she is using may only have two wires in it instead of
four.  This does not sound like her problem, but is worth looking into...
The new "surge protector with phone jack" my not be "passing through"
all four wires either...  Have her test (temporarily) with the barest minimum
of this equipment on the phone line. (She will need to keep the splitter...)
                 Hope this helps.     Rick Glazier