From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:19:20 -0700
I am trying to get Sygate 3.0 configured on my peer to peer network to
handle the cable modem proxy server. I have successfully installed Sygate
on the Server and I have the adequate number of client registration but I
can not make the connection from the client. This is a win9x and NT4 peer
to peer network. The cable modem is on a PC with two NICs ....one for the
LAN and one for the Cable modem. The setup passed Sygate online
testing  and everything appears to be in order but I am doing something
wrong setting up the client.

The Sygate manager screen shows
Computer Type = Server
Status Online
IP Address = correct LAN address for this PC
Netmask = Correct netmask address
DNS = the IP address for the cable modem

On the Client I went to Network....TCP/IP for the adaptor card....Gateway
and put the LAN address for the Sygate server

I then went into IE5...Internet Tools and in Internet Connections I
selected never dial ...use proxy server... and for the proxy address put
the same address I used for the Gateway.....I have tried leaving the port
blank ....and  then putting 80 in the Port address. When this didn't work I
went into TCP/IP for the adaptor card...enabled DNS address on the client
in   DNS configuration...I then put the host name and added the gateway
address.
However I still can't get online from the client.

What am I doing wrong?

Will I have to separately configure EVERY Internet application on the
client to use the proxy server ??

Thanks

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org