From:
Tom Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:02:17 -0500
Has anybody had problems with an HP 4570c scanner working with Win XP? This scanner does not scan or work with the slide adaptor, called a TMA. Tried both the HP software and the scanner software that comes with XP. HP customer service has got the scanner to work, but it doesn't last. Get a message "Can not scan. If error code 22 is blinking, problem is with TMA. If TMA is not connected, call HP." I do not have the TMA connected and 22 is not blinking.

Steps HP has had me do include the following; Perform scanner and TMA self test. Both pass self test but do not work all the time with software. Configured USB ports so they do not go into sleep mode, power is on all the time. Changed scanner USB connector from 2.0 internal hub back to 1.1 USB connector built into motherboard. Un-installed and re-installed HP software,
 verified that I have the latest driver and changed USB cable with a known working one. Have also connected my scanner to another brand new computer running Win XP to eliminate any hardward or software conflicts from my computer (there are no conflicts indicated in device manager). Scanner did not work on the other computer and got the same message. The other computer has a 2.33 GHx processor and 512 MB ram. It is brand new and has no accessories attached. I have a 450 MHz processor and 384 MB ram.

Everytime I call HP customer support, they want to start all over again with the basics, "Do the scanner self test, see if the USB cable works and check that the power cord works".

HELP!! If anyone has had similar problems with this scanner or HP support please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom