From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:35:08 -0400
What you are wondering is does he have an available AGP slot (not pgi) that will work with a new card since it sounds like his motheboard only support 2X cards.  There have been 4X cards for quite a while, and the latest is now 8X.  You may have to go to the IBM web site to see if you can find the specs on his computer.  If his mobo only supports 2X, you will have to buy him an older card.  Your money might be better spent just buying him a new computer that will allow him to play newer games.  The newest cards that support 8X like the Radeon 9800 Pro and nVidia 5900 are almost as expensive as a new computer.