From:
Joan Rapier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 09:16:06 -0700
Machine  = Gateway 2000 Pentium-60 running Windows95 - 1 volume w/
~300MB free space - no DDO:

I tried to run my usual test2000.exe (a command prompt Y2K test) on this
machine, from the DOS prompt.  When I booted into DOS and tried to run
this program, I received the message "Access Denied".  I always run the
program from the root directory of the OS (c:) -  where it insists on
being executed from.  I tried booting off of floppy, and I tried backing
out of Windows into DOS mode.  Same result each time.  I ended up having
to manually test the Y2K compliance by changing the date and time, etc.

The program file itself is fine, I just ran it on a Micron Millennia MME
machine and it ran as it normally does w/ no problem.

Why am I getting the "access denied" message?  I'm able to make changes
to files on the root directory from w/in the GUI.  I didn't try editing
or creating new files or dir's from the DOS prompt - time was a factor
and I had to get the test done and move on.

TIA for any help.

Joan Rapier

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]