From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 05:36:40 -0600
Joel

How about setting up another dialup computer to control one of these X-10
remote control devices.  Then the server et al could be powered from an X-10
device which you can now control from another computer. If the server
freezes, call up the other computer, tell it to power down the X-10, wait a
few minutes, then power up the X-10.  The Server then would restart and you
could be on your way.

I don't know just how well the server would like to be treated like this.

HTH

Mike Buraczewski

By the way, it seems to me that with 2000 clients, some of them will be
accessing the system at night, and weekends.  24/7 seems to me to be the
best customer service you could provide.  That also does not seem to be a
"small" professional office, but I have a different perspective than yours.